Sunday, December 19, 2010

Royal Icing

This is just the recipe that comes with my Wilton meringue powder. It works and I added a little almond extract to give it that taste I'm familiar with growing up and eating these. Tina and Bao approves of the almond extract. Mike doesn't like it. I do, so it's staying in! The royal icing dried pretty quickly as is...maybe 30 minutes. The thinned out version I made for color flowing took a couple of hours to set.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon meringue powder
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons warm water
1/8 tsp almond extract

Mix with a stand mixer on low until stiff peaks (high on a handheld mixer).
Stir on low and mix almond extract and mix in almond extract at this point.
Pipe or spread onto cookies.

Makes 1 cup. Enough to cover 20 cookies.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment