Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ga Kho Gung (Carmelized chicken with ginger)

I thought that since I'm a mom now, I should seriously start trying to cook like mine. Trust me, I've tried before and fail miserable every time, some how, I think I got it. I made this last night. (Now I know why Mom cooks in the garage...my house STILL smells like nuoc mam today!)

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup mam
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 tbsp ginger, shredded
  • Sprachia hot sauce

Directions:
Put oil in to a skillet on medium high. Brown the chicken in two batches and set aside.
Put the sugar in the skillet and cook until brown. Add mam and water until boiling.
Add chicken back in and cook covered for 30 minutes.
Remove cover and cook until the sauce reduces and is thicken. Add some Sprachia hot sauce to taste.
Serve with rice.

*Don't forget to use the pot to make Com Bac 7, sisters! That's the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment