If you are in a rush but want to do better than the boxed macaroni and cheese, here's a quick and simple recipe from my coworker. The chicken broth seems weird but it adds the salty and savory taste that makes it delicious w/out having to add any salt or butter to this. I like to use the steamer basket on my rice cooker and steam broccoli with the rice cooker as the macaroni and cheese is cooking...makes it a complete meal!
- 1 can (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( I like a cheddar/jack blend)
- Place macaroni and broth in rice cooker. Secure lid and set to cook.
- When rice cooker switches to warm (about 15 minutes) add milk and cheese. Stir.
- Keep on warm close lid and let sit for about 5 minutes or until cheese is well melted.