Monday, March 29, 2010

Nana's Brownies

I got this recipe from a friend.  It's her nana's signature.  It's super easy and it freezes well, too.

In a saucepan (large enough to fit all the ingredients) on the stove, melt together:
  • 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
  • 4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate squares (the packet I usually get comes with 8 squares)
Once melted together, remove from heat (wait approximately 5 minutes or so).

Add 2 cups white sugar
Add 4 beaten eggs
Add 1.5 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. vanilla

I add chocolate bits and walnuts (but I don't measure them).  This is a preference.

Bake in a 13x9 baking pan at 300 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

(This is SUPER SIMPLE compared to all the other stuff you guys have on here.  Hehe...my 1st post :))

2 comments:

  1. Awe, home recipes are the best (especially anything with 'Nana' in it)! Thanks for adding this Eurose! I'm definitely going to try it and let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOO happy Anne has shared my Nana's brownie recipe with you. She made them with love every single time!

    ReplyDelete